Friday 26 July 2013

My Graduate Gap Year Update: Moving On and Growing Up


A quick update on my at-home graduate gap year: 
A couple of weeks ago I blogged about deciding to have a kind of at-home graduate gap year where I would focus on things such developing transferable skills, blogging, work experience and travelling in the UK. 

This is my original blog post:

I graduated last week. For the first time in my life I don't have a permanent paid job, am not in education or training, and I have no idea where I'll be in a years time. Have I become a NEET? Here's a quick update on the way my plans are going at the moment:

Travelling: Still not enough savings to go to Asia, but I have two holidays in the UK planned for the next month, so I'll be blogging about those adventures soon!

Work: For the past month I've been volunteering 2 days a week at my local charity shop, yesterday I helped hand out Meals on Wheels to housebound people, and all of next week I working at a children's holiday club. I never really expected to be volunteering so much of my time for free but the experience is amazing and it is very fulfilling work.

Blog: As some of you might notice there are a few changes here! There are now ads on my blog and I'm blogging around 6 times a week. I love writing and hope you all enjoy reading.

Here's to uncertainty!

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment