Monday 5 August 2013

2013 Travel Series: How To Pack Stage 1: Prep


I think I'd describe myself as an 'enthusiastic packer'. I love travelling and going to new places, seeing new things, and I'm usually the first to start packing because it's a process I kind of enjoy as it makes me feel that I'm extending my holiday. So welcome to my 2013 Travel Series, a series of posts full of tips and tricks that I have picked up through some trial and a lot of error!

Stage 1: Prep
The key to being an organised, relaxed packer is in the preparation. Step 1 is to look up the weather forecast for where you are going. Whether you are staying at home or travelling half way across the world it's always a good idea to plan a series of flexible outfits around unpredictable weather.

Write a list of everything you will need to take with you under headings such as: 'Tops', 'Trousers', 'Underwear', 'Toiletries' and 'Electronics'. If you need to then this is the time to do last minute shopping for extra clothes or toiletries that you might need.

Finally, get out handbags, rucksacks, suitcases, etc. that you will want to pack everything in and lay out everything on a bed or large surface.

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment