Wednesday 11 September 2013

Watch Wednesday: About Time review


When I went to the cinema on Saturday it was the first time in quite a while, literally six months or so. So when I was talking with my family about seeing Richard Curtis' new film 'About Time' I wasn't too bothered that it was being given two stars or that many of the reviews I had read were disparaging. After taking the plunge and watching the romance with a remarkably similar premise to leading lady Rachel McAdams previous film The Time Traveler's Wife, I left feeling very pleased that I had. Cheesy, unrealistic and over-romanticized in parts, the film has moral overtones and a message to relate about space and time and human existence. With a cast including Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter), Bill Nighy (Curtis' Love Actually) and Margot Robbie (Neighbours), and a style that will leave you laughing in your seats, if you need a film to cheer you up as the days get shorter then this one's for you.

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment