Friday 24 May 2013

Foodie Friday: The (Un)bearable Goodness of Green Tea (or Reasons Why You're Drinking the Wrong Tea)


Two weeks ago I was a green tea virgin. It was 'that thing what they give you before your Chinese'. I couldn't have been more incorrect. Since popping my green tea cherry with a trip to Sainsbury's and tasting my first proper full mug of green tea, I have discovered its amaranthine qualities and become addicted. (And so should you).

If you consider these possible side effects of drinking green tea as healthy, and want to incorporate it into your diet, then you'll see why it's my 'food' of this Foodie Friday!

1) Prevent tooth decay
2) Boost metabolism to increase weight loss (boosting the metabolic rate 4% without increasing the heart rate)
3) Containing powerful anti-oxidants it inhibits the growth of cancer cells
4) It's a legitimate use of study breaks

Happy sipping! (But maybe give the Chinese meal a miss before EVERY cup!)

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment