Friday 6 December 2013

The Great 2014 Reading Challenge and Updates


First of all, hello and welcome after what's been a week or so since my last post. This is related to my first update, which is that due to other commitments I will be blogging less regularly that usual. I hope to update the blog every 1-2 weeks so please bare with me! Secondly, I have recently read Life of Pi, A Christmas Carol, and the latest installment in the Bridget Jones saga, Mad About The Boy. So stay tuned for updates and reviews on all of those. Thirdly, I am here to introduce the 2014 Reading Challenge, or my own personal Year of Reading. In the past month or so I have become much more into reading, and in particular challenging myself to read modern classics that I wouldn't otherwise read. My knowledge in this area is decidedly lacking and so this is my attempt to rectify the situation. So here is my challenge. To read as many books on this list as possible, including at least 12 modern classics (that's one a month). Feel free to join me!

1) The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
2) The Restaurant At The End of The Universe - Douglas Adams
3) Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
4) The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
5) The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
6) Captain Corelli's Mandolin - Louis de Bernieres
7) The Time Traveller's Wife
8) Atonement
9) 1984 - George Orwell
10) I Capture The Castle - Dodie Smith
11) To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee
12) Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
13) Life of Pi - Yann Martel (READ)
14) A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (READ)
15) Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
16) The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

I have partly been inspired by the Rory Gilmore (of Gilmore Girls) Reading Challenge. If you wish to read about it here is a link to a list of books mentioned and read during the show: http://thenovelworld.com/the-rory-gilmore-book-list/

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment